Finding the Best Model forYour Property
There’s nothing like ice-cold beer straight from the tap, but the cost per mug can instantly rack up. This is why some drink connoisseurs prefer to have an outdoor kegerator in their yard. It gives them quick access to beer in all its full-carbonated goodness! While the initial cost may be surprising, the savings you get with a kegerator essentially pay it back over time.
So, what unit should you get? Today, several excellent kegerator brands are available:
Danby Pro 6.5 Cu. Ft. Outdoor Rated Keg Cooler
Perfect for your outdoor kitchen, this kegerator is a free-standing model with a stainless-steel construction. It has a front-breathing system that makes it perfect for an outdoor kitchen. You can build a customized cabinet around this single tap kegerator and get an instant bar in your backyard. The kegerator has an operating temperature of 36 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unit is made with an attractive design that’s made to withstand even harsh outdoor weather
- A standard faucet drip tray guard is available to make sure you don’t make a mess with each tap
- Model is corrosion-resistant thanks to its solid construction
- Features a LED control panel display
- Unit comes with an extensive hardware warranty
- The door hinge is reversible so you can place it anywhere without problems
- Unit comes with four castors for optional mobility
Thanks to its durable build, the Danby Pro 6.5 Cu. Ft. Outdoor Rated Keg Cooler is an excellent choice for outdoor use. The user-friendly features make it perfect for first-time buyers who want the benefit of beer on tap without all the unnecessary whistles.
Summit 24 Inch Wide 5.6 Cu. Ft. Capacity Free Standing Outdoor Beer Kegerator with Single Sankey American Tap
With a 5.6 cu ft capacity, this Summit Commercial Kegerator boasts quality construction from top to bottom. It needs minimal maintenance and can be used for all kinds of beverages along with beer. The model is capable of holding two sixth-barrel kegs to last you all night.
- It has Automated Defrost features to extend the life of your beer and keep maintenance costs low
- It has a sealed back that keeps it weatherproof
- The beverage refrigerator operates at temperatures between 30 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a removable drip tray for a quick clean
- Included caster makes it easy to move around the space
- Additional features include an integrated GFCI that protects the model from circuit breaks or shocks
This unit is the ideal beer dispenser for pool parties when you want cold draft beer on tap. This stainless-steel beer tower has a very neat and sleek look — perfect for smaller backyards with not much space to spare.
Perlick 15″ Signature Series Beverage Dispenser – Outdoor Model
Built using components for commercial use, this Perlick model is made for freestanding use. You can use this unit to dispense your favorite beer right from your backyard. If you don’t love beer, the kegerator also works well as an iced coffee dispenser — turning your home into your very own Starbucks!
- Get your favorite beer right at home without the exorbitant costs of electricity. Unlike other models, this kegerator is built for energy efficiency
- The wide interior and pre-set features allow for easy cleaning
- Model is made completely from stainless steel for maximum durability
- It has a variable speed compressor sound. This makes the product quieter than all of its counterparts
- Features a 70% faster cool system than other tap kegerators
- It features the Perlick Anti-Condensation System that removes condensation collecting on the cabinet
- Forced air refrigeration allows for a wide range of temperatures from 33 to 42 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fits one sixth barrel
- It has a user-reversible door so you can swap from a steel to a panel, depending on your aesthetic goals
The quiet operation of the kegerator makes it perfect for both outdoor spaces and indoor settings. It’s covered by a 6-year warranty so you’ll enjoy peace of mind with this in your backyard. It even has an audible alarm system if the doors are kept open! All in all, it’s a good choice for families who love beer or even coffee. Take your pick!
Perlick HC24TO-4-1R1 24″ Wide Single Tap All Stainless Steel Outdoor Right Hinge Kegerator
One of the less expensive Perlick kegerators on the market, this particular unit is far from cheap in terms of build and quality. The exterior is beautifully polished for weatherproof use. The unit comes with a self-contained beer system that maintains a temperature of 34 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit at all times.
- The cabinet feature of this model allows you to integrate it easily into a surrounding structure. There’s a zero-clearance design for a perfect and seamless fit to your outdoor barbeque island
- The model is powered by an ultra-quiet compressor comparable with commercial models
- The model can accommodate more beer at a time as the interior can attach one 1/6 barrel and another ¼ barrel for continuous drinking pleasure
- Stainless steel drip tray catches fizz and makes cleaning quick
- Unlike other outdoor beer dispensers, this model has a convenient portable drainer so you don’t have to install any type of plumbing
This model is best used by homeowners who love to have parties in their backyards. This Perlick unit should be able to keep the beer flowing for one night with very little interruption in between.
Summit 24 Inch Wide 5.5 Cu. Ft. Built-In Beer Kegerator with Interior CO2 Holder
Beautifully made, this kegerator has the misfortune of having a mechanical instead of a digital thermostat. On the upside, it keeps incredibly accurate temperatures for easy management. It even has an automatic defrost system, allowing you to keep the model in perfect working order with very little maintenance.
- It can accommodate up to 1/6 kegs
- Stainless steel build gives it a sleek and sophisticated look
- The model comes with its very own CO2 tank compartment
This kegerator is approved for both personal and commercial use. If you like craft beer and to have a little fun with the flavors, this one’s for you! It’s also covered by a 1-year warranty for the parts and 5 years for the compressor.
Of course, these are just some of the best kegerators for outdoor home settings. Make sure to check out respected names in the industry like the full Summit line, Danby, or Perlick. You can’t go wrong with these brands!